Midway Airport, IL
O’Hare Airport, IL
St. Louis, MO
2.9 acres bounded by 47th street to the north and residential to the south of the site.
Soos & Associates, Inc. was retained to provide architectural services, design solution, and construction documents for Avis-Budget’s facility supporting Midway airport. The site plan consisted of a single story masonry building, parking field and fuel island building. Site circulation was designed to accommodate and secure vehicle transport trailers, tanker trucks, and passenger vehicles. The parking field was divided into two areas; a secured area for 238 clean car, 84 dirty cars and 69 rental vehicles requiring maintenance and 78 non-secured parking spaces for employee parking. The main facility housed offices, training/conference area, 4 maintenance bays with parts storage, fluid storage, manager’s offices and single bay carwash. (footprint is 82’-0” x 60’ with 18’-8” to the top of the parapet wall.) Underground storm water detention was utilized to maximize the parking field with a 10,000 gallon underground storage tank on site. Site engineering consultants such as the geotechnical, civil and engineer for the fuel island were retained directly by the client with Soos handling the design and all site coordination. The structural engineer was retained and coordinated by Soos with Soos providing in-house design of the buildings mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. As a result, this facility was completed in less than 4 months. Traditionally these facilities are erected in 9 months.
- Design development and construction documents were combined due to the aggressive schedule and the scope of the project and were completed 3 weeks after client/owner approval of the final schematic (60 days total for architectural services)
- The project was bid during the development of Construction documents which allowed this project to be accelerated by months. At the time of permit review Soos coordinated contractor RFI’s, city comments, and final client comments into a For Construction set.
- During Construction RFI’s were responded to within 48 hrs of receipt.
- Structural Shop drawings were reviewed and issued back to the contractor within 5 business days
- Submittals such as storefront, mechanical equipment, plumbing fixtures, lockers and partitions, and lighting where reviewed and comments made within 48 hours.